Our appointment book is electronic which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open.
Emergency & Urgent Care
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as snail or rat bait poisoning, sago palm toxicity, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion.
If you feel that you have an emergency with your pet do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call prior to arriving so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency and we can be prepared for your pet.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen. Our veterinarians will work to fit you in between scheduled appointments or we also accept drop offs for doctors instead of appointments.
Here at Alamo Hills Animal Hospital we offer many different services that include but are not limited to scheduled procedures like:
- Spay & Neuter
- Growth removal
- OFA certification
- Among other surgical procedures
- Dental cleaning- includes full sedation of your pet so we are able to ultrasonic scale up under the gum lines to remove bacteria that causes dental disease.
All surgical procedures include:
- Intubation and receiving oxygen and gas anesthetic so they do not feel any pain during the procedure and their airway is protected.
- IV catheter placed to receive adequate fluid hydration during and after the procedure.
- A trained technician is with them throughout the entire procedure monitoring heart rate, oxygenation, blood pressure, EKG, temperature, and blood oxygenation levels (SPO2).
We offer in-clinic diagnostics such as:
- Fecal analysis
- Cold laser therapy
We have several outside veterinary services that come to the clinic for Ultrasound and specialized surgeries for orthopedic operations.
Alamo Hills Animal Hospital accepts payment via Cash, American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we request that payment be made at the time services are rendered.
We provide estimates for all surgeries, exams, and hospitalizations. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.